Typical use cases where an electronic signature is preferrable and sometimes required:
• Opening of a bank account and signing of contracts
• Consumer loan application, consent to perform credit checks and esigning of loan documents
• Setup of a gaming account and/or payout of winnings
• Document signing of contracts with substantial value
• Data access that requires strong customer authentication (e.g. under GDPR or PSD2)
End User Experience
The set up of an electronic signature is done in the onboarding process by asking the user to select a PIN code and then transferring this to e.g. TouchID. Once the esignature is set up the user can:
• sign any document electronically on a service provider site or app by simply pressing sign and using TouchID
• sign-in securly (strong authentication/ 2FA) on any online service
• Identiway issues EIDAS article 3 compliant advanced electronic signatures and,
• can optionally provide EIDAS compliant qualified electronic signatures through a unique partnership with a EIDAS qualified trust service provider.
The identity verification process at onboarding are tailored to fit with both the type of electronic signature that is issued, and the local AML legislation requirements placed on the service provider. The solutions cover most of Europe and more countries.
Behind the scenes
We issue or provide an electronic signature as part of a smooth onboarding process on a service provider’s app (Identiway SDK), a white label version of, or standalone, Identiway app. The Identiway platform allows the service provider to send a .pdf document to our Signvault service where the electronic signature is cryptographically tied to the document. We produce a PAdES document.